Do you enjoy challenging yourself, and learning every day? Midokura is growing quickly and hiring in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Barcelona.
We are looking for people passionate about networking, distributed systems, virtualization, network security, network optimization, Linux programming, and more.
We’re a venture backed global startup with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Barcelona. We started Midokura in early 2010 with the aim of solving the networking problems innate in infrastructure as a service (IaaS) public and private clouds. We’ve been heads down building a fully distributed, decentralized, software defined virtual network built for IaaS stacks.
If you’re a successful candidate, you’ll receive a highly attractive and competitive compensation package which includes base salary, pre-ipo stock, and excellent benefits.
- Travel the world by visiting our overseas offices
- Flexible hours
- Free beverages, and snacks
- Work from home days
- Reimbursements for commuting
- Help with apartment searches
Senior Systems Engineer
At Midokura, we have a vision to provide a more flexible, customizable and adaptable network infrastructure for companies worldwide through network virtualization, SDN.
Midokura is looking for a senior systems engineer to manage the internal Midokura IT systems and infrastructure, manage Midokura's MidoNet cloud and lead some R&D internal projects.
- Lead a team of devops, system and network engineers
- Manage the internal company IT systems and infrastructure
- Work with MidoNet, fully-distributed and open-source SDN solution built by us, that powers virtual networking for the cloud
- Design, build and maintain our development/testing infrastructure and several complex deployments
- Work with the development and QA teams in order to create reliable scenarios to test our product features
Desired skills and experience
- Be a team lead used to manage a team of engineers
- Used to work in an internal environment with frequent communication across sites with different time zones
- Have several years of experience managing IT systems construction, operation and support
- Passionate about open-source technologies, networking and cloud
- Have experience building or testing pieces of a network infrastructure
- Be proficient with Linux and virtualization technologies (KVM, Docker, etc)
- OpenStack knowledge is a plus
- Experience running SaaS web applications a plus
- Experience managing development tools (Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Experience with provisioning tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc)
- Have a Computer Science BS or MS or related field required