Do you enjoy challenging yourself, and learning every day? Midokura is growing quickly and hiring in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Barcelona.
We are looking for people passionate about networking, distributed systems, virtualization, network security, network optimization, Linux programming, and more.
We’re a venture backed global startup with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Barcelona. We started Midokura in early 2010 with the aim of solving the networking problems innate in infrastructure as a service (IaaS) public and private clouds. We’ve been heads down building a fully distributed, decentralized, software defined virtual network built for IaaS stacks.
If you’re a successful candidate, you’ll receive a highly attractive and competitive compensation package which includes base salary, pre-ipo stock, and excellent benefits.
- Travel the world by visiting our overseas offices
- Flexible hours
- Free beverages, and snacks
- Work from home days
- Reimbursements for commuting
- Help with apartment searches
Location: Menlo Park
Head of Customer Success
Founded in 2010, Midokura (www.midokura.com) is a global innovator in software network virtualization. The company’s pedigree includes Amazon, Cisco, Google and VMware. With its Midokura Enterprise MidoNet (MEM) solution, Midokura offers the industry a complete overlay technology that integrates with cloud platforms and provides network visibility. Now gaining awareness in 122 countries, MidoNet delivers the first truly open, vendor-agnostic network virtualization solution. At Midokura, we have a vision to enable companies with a more flexible, customizable and adaptable network infrastructure worldwide through NAaaS (Network Automation as a Service) over heterogeneous cloud environment.
Our Customer Success team’s responsibility is providing outstanding customer service and support. It’s a new team, so there are a lot of opportunities for growth, as well as the ability to build a system where we support customers “the right way”. The Head of Customer Success role is to provide leadership and direction to the entire customer success department. The Head of Customer Success establishes and oversees the adoption of the department’s vision, goals and objectives at all levels and ensures that customer service and support activities are seen to deliver measurable and significant value to the business and meet customers loyalty targets.
This role will include troubleshooting issues in complex distributed systems but also at building, deploying and maintaining MidoNet products into integrated solutions. The Head of Customer Success will comfortably move between software engineering and customer service, teaming up with our developers to report, test, and resolve issues.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage all pre- and post- sales technical aspects
- Build, test, deploy and maintain our products into integrated solution
- Respond to incoming support requests for our products, and communicate directly with the customer to solve the issues
- Troubleshoot and problem solve customer support requests, often working closely with the engineering team to resolve issues
- Representing Midokura and our products at trade shows, seminars, and conferences
- On-call rotations and possibly take incoming calls for high priority requests
- Other duties as-needed typical to working with a small, fast-growing company
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 years or more experience in customer service and support, preferably as a manager of a customer engagement division
- Require OpenStack certified (or equivalent Openstack experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with Ansible configuration management
- Experience with version control systems e.g. git
- Experience with Java, Scala, and Python is a huge plus
- Familiarity with networking equipment and protocols is a bonus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a huge plus
- Experience with virtualization technologies: Libvirt, Virtualbox, Docker is a huge plus
- Experience with continuous integrations tools: Jenkins, Travis is a huge plus
- ZenDesk, Jira
- OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker
- Java, Scala, Python
- ZooKeeper, Cassandra
- US residence with eligible work permit