Artificial Intelligence R&D Engineer
As an AI engineer, you will be asked to develop the AI components of the Edge Virtualization Platform (EVP), our disruptive edge computing platform. The primary responsibility is to do hands-on development of AI applications and the creation of machine learning models optimized to run in a complex environment made up of heterogeneous IoT devices, along with servers in fog and cloud. The goal is to offer edge AI services for various use cases in Retail, Smart City, Factory Automation, and others. You’ll be working with a small team, and have an opportunity to shape the direction of our product moving forward.
As a part of the team you will be asked to:
- Research and develop state of the art ML solutions designed to run on the edge.
- Implement proof-of-concepts (PoCs) as well as ready-for-production solutions.
- Participate in the testing and support of our software.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development and machine learning.
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks: Tensorflow, PyTorch, or other.
- Knowledge of model optimization techniques for low-resource platforms (embedded or mobile).
- Experience with training and optimization of DNNs.
- Programming languages: Python.
- Experience with Git and Continuous Integration frameworks.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Additional skills and experience as a plus
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies as Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with IoT
- Experience with computer vision
- Familiarity with WebAssembly and WASI-NN
- Programming languages: C/C++, Julia, Java, etc …
Master degree or PhD in a field related to Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics
What we offer
- Permanent contract.
- Competitive salary.
- Very flexible remote work policy: You can choose the days you want to come to our office!
- Career Plan: biannual performance evaluation.
- Health insurance full paid by Midokura (for you and for your family).
- Transport to the office paid by Midokura.
- Working in our Midohouse: an attractive place located in 22@ District in Barcelona.
- Exchange program: possibility to move to our office in Tokyo.
- The possibility to be part of a senior talented technical team in a fast-growing company.
- Training credits.
- Free coffee, fruit, soda...