Midokura is seeking an Support/customer service engineer as point of contact to guarantee the right level of customer service to satisfaction.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is willing to learn new technologies and innovate, has strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, as well as the ability to take on multiple responsibilities at once. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with teams distributed internationally and excellent English language and culture skills.
- Be the main point of contact to respond to incoming support requests for our products, and communicate directly with the customer to solve the issues as well as take care of the workflow to escalate the problems after a triage to the right team.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve customer support requests, often working closely with the engineering team to resolve issues
- Evaluate Service Level accomplishments proposing improvements and carrying out regular meetings with the customers to review the service performance and coordinate/execute actions for a continuous improvement.
- Ability to participate in on-call support out of office hours on a rotation basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to read and assess a piece of code
- Experience being between devs and customer, communicates well, can broker agreements, etc.
- Scripting (Bash, Python) is a must
- Manage customer requests, be nice, patience, empathy, etc.
- expectation management
- Proactivity, curiosity, follows through to figure out problems and details before passing them along.
- Ability to think from different perspectives
- At least Intermediate-level Japanese (JLPT-3)
- Be at home in Linux / Unix-like systems, shell (as a sysadmin)
- Networking basics (tcp/ip, SSL / TLS, DNS, …).
- Basic issue tracking experience (e.g. JIRA, Redmine, OTRS)
Additional skills and experience as a plus
- cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Nice to have:
- RT OSes (NuttX) (maybe, nice to have).
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Japan Residence (Mandatory)