OpenStack Summit Austin #PinotWithPino Midokura Twitter Contest
Enter for a chance to win an exclusive Pinot wine tasting session with industry influencer and OpenStack expert and Midokura CTO Pino de Candia at the OpenStack Summit in Austin!
Here at Midokura, we are beyond excited for OpenStack Summit Austin (running April 25-28, 2016) – now just under a month away. No one does OpenStack like OpenStack Summit, with its informative and cool sessions and the awesomeness of the OpenStack community.
To add to the fun, we’re announcing the Midokura #PinotWithPino Twitter contest, kicking off today, March 28, and running through April 15. The contest offers a chance to win an exclusive Pinot wine tasting and enjoy delicious appetizers with industry influencer, top OpenStack expert and Midokura’s very own CTO Pino de Candia!
Participating is simple: just tell us why you love OpenStack in a fun or serious tweet, while tagging @midokura and #PinotWithPino, as well as following our @midokura Twitter account to stay in the know on all things Midokura.
Tweet Examples to Inspire You
- Compute, storage & networking, oh my! Without these #OpenStack resources, my cloud would surely die! #PinotWithPino @midokura
- #OpenStack is open, flexible, agile, and likes long walks on the beach. It’s the cloud platform of my dreams! #PinotWithPino @midokura
- Roses are red, violets are blue, #OpenStack, what would I do without you!? (my job would be really hard) @midokura #PinotWithPino
- Reasons I love #OpenStack: free, #opensource, used to transform virt. networking world, what isn’t there to luv? @midokura #PinotWithPino
- I love #OpenStack because like wine, it only gets better with age! @midokura #PinotWithPino
- Like a piece of chocolate, you never know what’s inside #OpenStack until you bite into it #PinotWithPino @midokura
Official Contest Rules
- Participants must Tweet their entries with the hashtag #PinotWithPino and @midokura handle. They must follow @midokura to be eligible to win.
- An entry consists of why you love OpenStack and just can’t live without it.
- Three grand prize winners will be chosen based on quality of submissions, with multiple submissions encouraged.
- Secondary winners will be selected at random, so the more times you enter, the better chances you have to win!
- Midokura employees can participate, but are not eligible to win.
- The contest will run from Monday, March 28, 2016 at 9:00 am PT through Friday, April 15, 2016 at 10:00 am PT.
- All winners will be announced on Twitter on Friday, April 15, at 11:00 am PT.
- Both select entries and winners may be promoted on Twitter and other social media channels. Midokura reserves the right to leverage submissions as it wishes.
- Tweet must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Three (3) grand prize OpenStack lover winners will join Midokura CTO Pino de Candia for an exclusive wine tasting featuring top quality pinots and appetizers on Thursday, April 28, from 5:00 – 7:00 pm CT at Max’s Wine Dive, just walking distance from the Austin Convention Center – where OpenStack Summit Austin is taking place.
- 10 secondary prize winners will receive a Starbucks gift card worth $20.
About Pino de Candia
As CTO at Midokura, Pino is responsible for technical innovations for the company and leading the evolution of Midokura’s award-winning network virtualization technology, MidoNet. Based in Barcelona, Pino joined Midokura as a software engineer in 2010. In addition to participating in the build out the early versions of the MidoNet technology, he was engineering lead for Midokura’s Network Controller team and also led the Architecture team as chief architect.
Pino came to Midokura from Amazon. He built the Dynamo technology while there, a highly-available NoSQL data store for Amazon.com. He holds a Master of Engineering and a Bachelor of Science, both in Computer Science, from Cornell University.
Read more about Pino’s amazing past work in Wired: http://www.wired.com/2012/09/midokura/
Hear from Pino about why Midokura made the decision to open source its MidoNet network virtualization technology on a recent technology radio program at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzrethv1rvz5i9l/susanwuMarch19.mp3?dl=0
Check out Pino’s and the rest of the Midokura team’s sessions at OpenStack Summit in Austin: http://www.midokura.com/openstack-summit-austin-2016/