Highlights of the new MEM release include:
- Support for the popular OpenStack Liberty, Juno and Kilo releases.
- Added features in MidoNet Manager for enhanced manageability and operations, including: flow tracing of virtual ports for easier troubleshooting and diagnostics and enhanced Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Configuration session views.
- A new support tool that collects states of configuration and log files, and virtual topologies in just one command.
- Support for the Puppet configuration management tool via the Puppet Module, designed to install MidoNet with OpenStack to provide MidoNet as an option for enhancing OpenStack Neutron.
- Support for Docker and other container-based environments. MidoNet offers multi-host Docker support via leveraging nova-docker, a plugin for Openstack Nova. With this release, MEM can support both hypervisor-based and container-based environments within the OpenStack IaaS cloud.
“The new capabilities and features in Midokura’s new Enterprise MidoNet network virtualization release are promising, especially the ability to bridge existing virtualization technologies like vSphere and new support for leading enterprise platforms.”
Support for major OpenStack Distributions
MEM supports the latest OpenStack Juno and Kilo release. With a robust partner ecosystem, cloud operators can run their choice of OpenStack Distribution like Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHELOSP), Mirantis OpenStack, SUSE Cloud, Ubuntu Cloud.
Performance Enhancements for OpenStack Neutron
MEM provides further enhancements for OpenStack Neutron, including the introduction of Load Balancer as a Service (LBaaS) from MidoNet. Extending the default LBaaS functionality from OpenStack, this new feature enables administrators to provide each tenant with distributed load balancing service from OpenStack Horizon UI.
View customers using advanced networking >
Simplified Network Management and Monitoring
Conventional monitoring and troubleshooting methods like RSPAN capture packets on physical switches give no context for a traffic flow in a virtual network. MidoNet Manager presents flow tracing tools through an intuitive GUI to give cloud operators the ability to identify specific tenant traffic and trace the flows through the logical topology. Aggregated flow tracing gives insight into each virtual network device traversed, every security group policy applied and shows the flow path across hosts.
Read more about Flow Tracing in MEM
Complete Network Visibility and Control
New features in MidoNet Manager, including BGP Configuration and Layer 4 Load Balancer Configuration. BGP gateways can be configured easily in MidoNet Manager and adding or taking down gateways to support new services or to adjust capacity can be done with a few mouse clicks. The Layer 4 Load Balancer configuration feature enables easy addition of load balancers to new and existing resource pools. MidoNet Manager provides 360 degree visibility of all network constructs and load balancer health through automated health checks.
Get Started Today. Sign up for a MEM evaluation >