MidoNet replaces default OVS plugin from OpenStack deployments and offers a much more scalable and efficient networking solution for highly virtualized and cloud environments.
MidoNet also provides L2-L4 services that are distributed at the network edge.
Running applications in virtual machines that are tied to a traditional physical networks is like putting a race car in a traffic jam. Using software to create virtual representations of your network devices and topology decouples your network from its hardware, and puts your application on the race track.
Reduce OpEx and CapEx
- No need to purchase expensive networking hardware
- Ease of management using single pane of glass
Build highly scalable networks
- “Controller at the edge” as opposed to a centralized controller allows higher scalability of the network
Reduce time to market for applications
- Provision networks for applications in a matter of seconds
- Allows live “network migration” anywhere in the datacenter
Build fully automated virtualized and cloud environments
- Policy based provisioning allows automated provisioning of networks
- Neutron APIs can be used to program provisioning of the network
For more details information, please refer to our Business Whitepaper